* HoopKidz Summer! 2013 Basketball Camps for Boys and Girls, Ages 3 to 13 are a four-day Basketball camps located this Summer in Annapolis, MD at Truxtun Park Recreation Center 273 Hilltop Lane, Annapolis, MD 21403.
*Just added DC/Capitol Hill HoopKidz Summer Basketball Camp June 24-27th at Miner Elementary School 601 15th Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 Capitol Hill.*
* Father's Day Weekend-HoopKidz Father & Son Basketball Camp June 15th Silver Spring, MD For Ages 3 to 15, Open to Sons & Dads (Grand Dads, Uncles, Guardians & Big Brothers too!)*
HoopKidz Summer Basketball Camps offer a great opportunity to prepare children in the fundamentals of the game by our highly qualified Coaches and trained educators. HoopKidz Summer! is a structured, yet fun opportunity for children to improve and develop their love of Basketball. Under the direction of Coach David Dickerson, HoopKidz Summer! Basketball offers instruction ranging from basic skills to advanced technique.
* Check-in takes place on 6/17, 6/24 & 7/22 at 9:00 AM Sharp! Pre-register on line at hoopkidz.com
* Full-Day Camp 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. * Half-Day Session is available as a option for for 3,4,& 5 year olds (if your child has not been in a daycare or pre-school program and you feel he or she may be not be ready for an all day program). Before Care is available beginning at 7:30 AM, After Care until 6:30 PM for $25.00 per session/Camp HoopKidz DC Camp Before Care beginning 7:45 am, After Care until 6:30 pm. No Transportation for DC HoopKidz Camp.
* Full Day Session Cost- $195.00. Sign-Up for both sessions and receive a discount- $370.00 AAU/YBOA Teams receive team discounts. E-mail the Director the details (email@example.com). HoopKidz DC Summer Basketball Camp at Miner Elementary Cost $150.00 per session
* HoopKidz Campers should dress for Basketball each day (Shorts, Basketball Shoes) and bring their own water/juice bottles and towels.
* Lunch is provided daily. The Camp Canteen sells Water, Juices, and Snacks. All items are $1.00 or less
* Each registrant receives a HoopKidz Summer! Basketball T-Shirt, Trophy and Camp training Certificate.
* For Annapolis HoopKidz Summer Camps- Chaparoned Bus Service provided daily from(Pick Up & Drop Off Service) Bowie Town Center Safeway Parking Lot, Morning and Afternoon. * Bus leaves Bowie Town Center Safeway Parking Lot at 7:30 AM. Return Bus from Annapolis -Truxton Park leaves at 6 PM, returns to Bowie around 6:30 pm
During our Summer! sessions, we are fortunate to get visits and teaching from some of the Washington/Baltimore area and nationally known Outstanding High School and College coaches, in addition to some nationally known Players. We will add their names in the coming days as we get their confirmations.
The Camp Facilities are located at Pip Moyer/Truxton Park Recreation Center Gymnasium 273 Hilltop Lane, Annapolis, MD 21403
HoopKidz DC Summer Basketball Camp Miner Elementary School Capitol Hill 601 15th Street, N.E. Washington, D.C. 20002
What To Expect/Typical HoopKidz Summer Camp Schedule
9 AM Check-In/ Roll Call
9:15 AM Calisthenics/Stretching
9:30-10:30 AM Teaching/Fundamental Stations
10:30 AM-11:45 AM *Math Review/Team Play
12 Noon-1 PM Lunch
1PM- 2:30 PM Teaching/Fundamental Stations/Film or Visit-Lecture from
Nationally known Coach or Player
2:30 PM -4PM Team Play/Speakers/ Position Workshops/ Close-Out
What HoopKidz Summer Campers Can Expect
Our four(4) full day, fun-filled of Summer Basketball Camp features learning, teaching, and growing through Basketball in an exciting atmosphere. HoopKidz Summer Basketball Camps are an extension of our highly successful training program designed to improve basketball skills, encourage acheivement, and build self-confidence. Participants get focused instruction in ball handling/dribbling, passing, and shooting skills. All campers receive an official HoopKidz Summer Nike T-Shirt, trophies, a certificate, special awards, and other giveaways. Lunch is included. Special summer awards for each age group include Mr. HoopKidz, Miss HoopKidz, Mr.& Miss Hard Work , Outstanding Player(s), Best Defensive Player, and more!
HoopElite Shooting Camp
This is our specialty. HoopElite camp consists of an intensive one-day shooting clinic for Boys and Girls, Ages 7 to 17. We can improve interested your shooting form, skills, and accuracy! Participants will get a video/DVD shot analysis, HoopElite T-Shirt, and written evaluation of their shooting form. Expert basketball Shooting instructors and coaches provide instruction. Lunch is provided. Past instructors include Brian Magid (Paint Branch, Professional Shooting Coach), Dale Lambreth (Thomas Stone), Karl Hobbs (George Washington Univ.), Mark Edwards (C.H. Flowers, DeMatha) and David Adkins (DeMatha, UMD Women's). Two sessions to be held this year:
- June 8 (Silver Spring), June 15 (Laurel/Jessup)
- August 3 (Site-TBA)
HoopElite Post Player & Guard Camp
Intensive one-day camp for Boys and Girls ages 7 to 17 looking to develop position-play specific basketball skills. Post players will be taught offensive and defensive post skills and footwork. Guard play will focus on ball-handling and perimeter skills, passing, and getting open. Post play/guard camp attendees receive a HoopElite Camp t-Shirt. Professional coaches and expert instructors are involved. Space is limited. One session will be held on Saturday, August 3rd ( Site-TBA).
HoopElite All-Girls Skills Camp
One of our specialty Camps, all-girls, one-day camp for young ladies only. If your girl is age 7 to 17 and interested in an intensive environment to learn offensive and defensive basketball specific to the women's game, this session is for her. Top area high school and college coaches will be on hand for instruction. Limited space. One session will be held on Saturday, May 26 (Silver Spring).